TEAM MISSION: TO DEVELOP SKILLFUL AND PASSIONATE SKIERS THROUGH FUN TRAINING DAYS AND A COMPETITIVE ALPINE SKI RACING ENVIRONMENT.
The Mohawk Mountain Interclub Team is a competitive alpine race program for children aged 8 to 13 (birth years 2007 to 2012). Excellent coaching will be provided for athletes to hone their Giant Slalom skills and be introduced to the foundations of skiing Slalom. Interclub builds on the fundamental skiing skills developed in the DSquad program, with the expectation athletes will compete in Interclub races against other ski teams in the Berkshires. This is an exciting opportunity that will provide athletes with a fun racing experience in a competitive environment!
Interclub is a more demanding program than DSquad, requiring an increased commitment of both time and resources. It is expected athletes will attend most of the 14 all-day training sessions and most of the races in the series. Interclub athletes are encouraged to participate in either the 2 or 3 day holiday camp (additional cost) over the winter break to set themselves up for success in the racing season.
Interclub athletes will have the opportunity, along side DSquad and Mountain Division participants, to try out for the Mohawk Mountain Alpine Race Team in the annual tryout in February.
LUNCH IS NOW INCLUDED! Program participants will spend their half hour lunch break in Pine Lodge with their program coaches and peers. A bagged lunch will be provided for each Interclub participant when they are training at Mohawk Mountain (9 days) and items in the bag will change for each session. A sample of lunch items are sandwiches, wraps, hot dogs, hamburgers, fresh fruit, side salads, cookies, brownies, popcorn, chips, bottled water, juice boxes, milk and chocolate milk. Any participants with food allergies should reach out to our Snowsports Director, Andy Raybould before the program commences.
Interclub participants must be 8 years old by December 31, 2020 (Birth years 2007 to 2012) with advanced skiing skills at a minimum level 7 (click here to determine your level). All new participants, who have not previously taken part in DSquad, must pass chair lift rookie training prior to program commencement. This involves Interclub participants taking the Arrowhead chair and pulling down the bar independently. Space in Interclub is limited and priority is given first to those who participated in the annual race team try out and were unsuccessful. Any remaining spots will be opened up to those who are skiing at the level 7 or 8 standard.
CHAIRLIFT ROOKIE TRAINING
At Mohawk Mountain we take chairlift safety very seriously. All new Interclub participants, who have not previously taken part in DSquad, must pass chair lift rookie training prior to program commencement by taking the Arrowhead chair and pull down the bar independently. Training is provided at no charge by a snowsports professional between opening day and Friday January 8th 2021. Early season the Arrowhead lift is not always operating so be sure to check on the lift status before you travel. On the day you would like your child to participate in Chairlift Rookie Training, head to the Snowsports Discovery Center desk as soon as you arrive at the mountain to schedule the 30 minute session for later that day. If Chairlift Rookie Training has not been completed by Saturday January 9th 2021 your child will not be able to participate. If you are unable to commit to your child participating in Chairlift Rookie Training before the program starts please do not sign them up.
For your convenience, Interclub registration comes with the required junior anytime season pass. Interclub registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Interclub registration fee is $1799 and now includes lunch on Mohawk Mountain training days.
Interclub registration is on line only through the Children’s Development Programs Lottery from September 1st through September 15th. All Interclub athletes must be registered with US Ski & Snowboard (USSS) and the Tri-State Alpine Ski Racing Association.
Who should register for Interclub?
Mohawk Mountain’s Interclub program is primarily aimed at those skiers who possess the skills and motivation to continue to develop as a ski racer in a fun environment and would like to attend competitive races throughout a winter season. This program would be a great fit for those who have participated in DSquad and were unsuccessful at the race team try out.
- Registration through Children’s Development Program Lottery system (lottery system infographic and lottery FAQ)
- Saturdays and Sundays for 7 weeks (January 9th – March 7th excluding January 16th/17th and February 13th/14th)
- Program runs for 4.5 hrs from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. with lunch included, supervised by program coaches in Pine Lodge
- Program fees include a Junior Anytime Season Pass, for the exclusive use of the participant.
- No scheduled make up days, unless Interclub is cancelled by Mohawk Mountain due to extreme weather. In this case you would be notified in advanced via email of both the cancellation and the extreme weather make up date. Extreme weather make up dates scheduled for March 13th/14th
- For this year we have added some COVID-19 make up days. If Mohawk Mountain is closed on a scheduled session date due to COVID-19 then make ups will take place on March 13th, 14th, 20th or 21st. Please note your make ups maybe assigned to both a Saturday and a Sunday.
- Interclub communications will be sent from [email protected] or [email protected], please be sure to put both e-mails in your address book
- Parents or guardians must be no more than 20 minutes away from Mohawk Mountain and be able to drop what they are doing when the program is in session
- Please review our COVID-19 Guidelines before registering
Program Fee: $1799.00 (NOW INCLUDES LUNCH)
Please note Interclub is not in session over Martin Luther King weekend, January 16th/17th and President’s weekend, February 13th/14th
If you have questions about Mohawk Mountain’s Interclub program or eligibility, we strongly encourage you to contact Andy Raybould, Snowsports Director at [email protected] or call 860 672 6100 before you register.
Under the direction of
Director, Snowsports Discovery Center at Mohawk Mountain