TEAM MISSION: TO DEVELOP SKILLFUL AND PASSIONATE SKIERS THROUGH FUN TRAINING DAYS AND A COMPETITIVE ALPINE SKI RACING ENVIRONMENT.
The Mohawk Mountain Interclub Team is a competitive alpine race program for children aged 8 to 13 (birth years 2006 to 2011). Excellent coaching will be provided for athletes to hone their Giant Slalom skills and be introduced to the foundations of skiing Slalom. Interclub builds on the fundamental skiing skills developed in the DSquad program, with the expectation athletes will compete in Interclub races against other ski teams in the Berkshires. This is an exciting opportunity that will provide athletes with a fun racing experience in a competitive environment!
Interclub is a more demanding program than DSquad, requiring an increased commitment of both time and resources. It is expected athletes will attend most of the 14 all-day training sessions and most of the races in the series. Interclub athletes are encouraged to participate in either the 2 or 3 day holiday camp (additional cost) over the winter break to set themselves up for success in the racing season.
Interclub athletes will have the opportunity, along side DSquad and Mountain Division participants, to try out for the Mohawk Mountain Alpine Race Team in the annual tryout in February.
Interclub racers must be between age 8 and 13 (birth years 2006 to 2011), with advanced skiing skills at a minimum level 7 (click here to determine your level). Space is limited and priority is given first to those who participated in the annual race team try out and were unsuccessful. Any remaining spots will be opened up to those who are skiing at the level 7 or 8 standard.
For your convenience, Interclub registration comes with the required junior anytime season pass. Interclub registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Interclub registration fee is $1550.00.
Interclub registration is on line only through the Children’s Development Programs Lottery from August 1st through August 15th. All Interclub athletes must be registered with US Ski & Snowboard (USSS) and the Tri-State Alpine Ski Racing Association.
Who should register for Interclub?
Mohawk Mountain’s Interclub program is primarily aimed at those skiers who possess the skills and motivation to continue to develop as a ski racer in a fun environment and would like to attend competitive races throughout a winter season. This program would be a great fit for those who were unsuccessful at the race team try out.
- Registration through Children’s Development Program Lottery system (Click here to read about the lottery system and click here for Lottery FAQ)
- Saturdays and Sundays for 7 weeks (January 4th – March 1st excluding January 18th/19th and February 15th/16th)
- Program runs 9:30 am – 2:00 pm with a half hour lunch break, supervised by program coaches in The Perch.
- Fees include a Junior Anytime Season Pass
- No scheduled make up days, unless Interclub is cancelled by Mohawk Mountain due to extreme weather. In this case you would be notified via e-mail of both the cancellation and the extreme weather make up date. Extreme weather make up dates scheduled for March 7th/8th.
- Interclub communications will be sent from [email protected] or [email protected] Please be sure to add these email addresses to your address book
- Parent or Guardian must remain on site while the session is in progress
Program Fee: $1550.00
Please note Interclub is not in session over Martin Luther King weekend, January 18th/19th and President’s weekend, February 15th/16th
If you have questions about Mohawk Mountain’s Interclub program or eligibility, we strongly encourage you to contact Andy Raybould, Snowsports Director at [email protected] or call 860 672 6100 before you register.
Under the direction of
Director, Snowsports Discovery Center at Mohawk Mountain