- A Race Development Program for skiers ages 7-13 (Birth years 2008 through 2014)
- Curriculum designed to hone the skills of advanced skiers levels 6-8 (click here to determine your level)
- 14 x 4.5 hour sessions, with lunch included at one of our lodges with D-Squad coaches and peers
- Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
The Mohawk Mountain Development Squad is a race program designed to give skiers aged 7-13 the opportunity to build on the fundamental skills of skiing. Participants will ski Saturday and Sunday, and the season will culminate with a race at the finish of the regular program.
Skiers will learn the fundamentals of racing while continuing to build on strong skiing skills. Most days will be spent free skiing, with time spent focused on race specific drills. Athletes will also spend time in brush, stubbie and gate courses as well as practicing US Ski & Snowboard (USSS) Skills Quest Stations. All participants will have the opportunity to race in two races during the season (one offsite at Thunder Ridge, and one hosted by Mohawk Mountain at the end of the program in March, with invitations to Thunder Ridge development program to participate). For those athletes who would like to commit to an increased number of races please consider the Interclub program.
Whether hoping to join the Alpine Race Team, or just looking for an opportunity to race with a lower commitment level, the Development Squad is a perfect place to hone any athlete’s skills while having fun in the winter outdoors.
LUNCH IS INCLUDED! Program participants will spend their half hour lunch break in one of our lodges with their program instructors and peers. A hot lunch will be provided for each DSquad participant and items in the bag will change for each session. A sample of lunch items are sandwiches, wraps, hot dogs, hamburgers, fresh fruit, side salads, cookies, brownies, popcorn, chips, bottled water, juice boxes, milk and chocolate milk. Any participants with food allergies should reach out to our Snowsports Director, Andy Raybould before the program commences.
Participants must be 7 years old by December 31, 2021 (Birth years 2008 through 2014) in order to be eligible for D-Squad. All registrants must be able to ski the entire mountain with confidence and use the chairlifts without assistance (including pulling the bar down) in order to be eligible for a spot on D-Squad. Participants must be skiing parallel, with poles, and be ready to try racing gates on Arrowhead and Timber.
CHAIRLIFT ROOKIE TRAINING
At Mohawk Mountain we take chairlift safety very seriously. All new DSquad participants must pass chair lift rookie training prior to program commencement by taking the Arrowhead chair and pull down the bar independently. Training is provided at no charge by a snowsports professional between opening day and Friday January 7th 2022. Early season the Arrowhead lift is not always operating so be sure to check on the lift status before you travel. Training is provided at no charge by a snowsports professional between opening day and Friday January 7th 2022. Call the Snowsports Discovery Center desk on 860 672 6100 Ext.136 to schedule your 30 minute Chairlift Rooke Training Session. If Chairlift Rookie Training has not been completed by Saturday January 8th 2022 your child will not be able to participate. If you are unable to commit to your child participating in Chairlift Rookie Training before the program starts please do not sign them up.
Lottery registration will open at 7:00 AM September 1st and close at 11:59 PM on September 15th, exclusively at www.mohawkmtn.com.
Please call us at 860-672-6100 if you have any questions.
- Registration through lottery system (lottery system infographic and lottery FAQ)
- Saturdays and Sundays for 7 weeks (January 8th – March 6th excluding January 15th/16th and February 19th/20th)
- Program runs for 4.5 hrs from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. with lunch included, supervised by program coaches in one of our lodges.
- Program fees include a Junior Anytime Season Pass, for the exclusive use of the participant.
- No scheduled make up days, unless DSquad is cancelled by Mohawk Mountain due to extreme weather. In this case you would be notified in advanced via email of both the cancellation and the extreme weather make up date. Extreme weather make up dates scheduled for March 12th/13th.
- DSquad communications will be sent from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, please be sure to put both e-mails in your address book
- Parents or guardians must be no more that 20 minutes away from Mohawk Mountain and be able to drop what they are doing when the program is in session
Program Fee: $1849.00 (INCLUDES LUNCH)
Please note D-SQUAD is not in session over Martin Luther King weekend, January 15th/16th and President’s weekend, February 19th/20th