- A Race Development Program for skiers ages 7-13 (Birth years 2005 through 2011)
- Curriculum designed to hone the skills of advanced skiers levels 6-8 (click here to determine your level)
- 4.5 hour sessions, with assigned lunch time in The Perch with D-Squad coaches and peers
- Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Mohawk Mountain Development Squad is a race program designed to give skiers aged 6-13 the opportunity to build on the fundamental skills of skiing. Participants will ski Saturday and Sunday, and the season will culminate with a race at the finish of the regular program. Racers join through an open registration process over the summer.
Skiers will learn the fundamentals of racing while continuing to build on strong skiing skills. Most days will be spent free skiing, with time spent focused on race specific drills. Athletes will also spend time in brush, stubbie and gate courses as well as practicing USSA Skills Quest Stations. All participants will have the opportunity to race in two races during the season (one offsite at Thunder Ridge, and one hosted by Mohawk Mountain at the end of the program in March, with invitations to Thunder Ridge development program to participate). D-Squad is in the process of joining a USSA tri-state program called Interclub. Final details will be available in the Fall.
Whether hoping to join the Alpine Race Team, or just looking for an opportunity to race with a lower commitment level, the Development Squad is a perfect place to hone any athlete’s skills while having fun in the winter outdoors. D-Squad registration fees include a junior anytime season pass.
LUNCH BUNCH: Lunch break has been incorporated into the program and has been reduced to a 1/2 hour. Program participants will spend their half hour lunch break in The Perch with their program instructors and peers. D-Squad members can choose to purchase the LUNCH BUNCH (program-length commitment), or can provide their own lunch.
For those providing their own lunch, your bag lunch must be clearly labelled, and delivered to The Perch, no later than 11:00 a.m., where it will be stored until being delivered to your child. Hot and cold beverages will be available for purchase, as well as candy, cookies and chips. Click here to read all about our LUNCH BUNCH!
Participants must be 7 years old by December 31, 2018 (Birth years 2005 through 2011) in order to be eligible for D-Squad. All registrants must be able to ski the entire mountain with confidence and use the chairlifts without assistance (including pulling the bar down) in order to be eligible for a spot on D-Squad. Participants must be skiing parallel, with poles, and be ready to try racing gates on Arrowhead. All new participants must pass chair lift rookie training prior to program commencement. This involves D Squad participants taking the Arrowhead chair and pulling down the bar independently.
- Registration through lottery system (Click here to read about the lottery system and click here for Lottery FAQ)
- Saturdays and Sundays for 7 weeks (January 5th – March 3rd excluding January 19th/20th and February 16th/17th)
- Program runs 9:30 am – 2:00 pm with a half hour lunch break, supervised by program coaches in The Perch.
- Fees include a Junior Anytime Season Pass
- No scheduled make up days, unless DSquad is cancelled by Mohawk Mountain due to extreme weather. In this case you would be notified via e-mail of both the cancellation and the extreme weather make up date. Extreme weather make up dates scheduled for March 9th/10th.
- D Squad communications will be sent from email@example.com or DSquad@mohawkmtn.com. Please be sure to add these email addresses to your address book
- Parent and/or Guardian must remain on site while the session is in progress
Program Cost: $1474.99
Please note that DSquad is not in session over Martin Luther King weekend, January 19th/20th or President’s Weekend, February 16th/17th