Mohawk Mountain is looking for experienced patrollers to join and help lead our ski patrol staff. If you have experience as a National Ski Patrol member patroller and would like to help lead a fantastic team of dedicated patrollers, let Mohawk Mountain be your home this winter. Paid Patrollers are supported by a volunteer core of NSP certified staff that make up our Ski Parol team. Paid Patrollers provide leadership and accountability to on call volunteers during their shift. Paid and Volunteer Patrollers work together to maintain and respond to mountain safety issues. In addition to being first responders to any medical issues at or on Mohawk Mountain, patrollers also provide assistance in setting boundary fencing, closing and opening trails, and providing customer service and information to our guests. Paid Patrollers report to the Ski Patrol Director and Mountain Management. We are looking for Patrollers to fill day, night, and weekend shifts. Competitive compensation includes wages (DOE) and generous mountain benefits. Better yet, you get to work with a great team of patrollers and snowsports enthusiasts!
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Helps to provide leadership for patrollers on shift
- Responds to medical issues at Mohawk Mountain Ski Area
- Assists in maintaining on hill fencing, padding, etc.
- Helps to open and close trails (depending on shift)
- 5 years National Ski Patrol Certified Alpine Patroller (required)
- Current with National Ski Patrol training and certification requirements (required)
- Is able to ski or ride proficiently
- Must be able to work for extended periods outside in all weather conditions
- Must be able to stand and work for extended periods
- Must be able to bend, lift, and ski with up to 50lbs
- Must own appropriate ski/snowboard gear
HOW TO APPLY TO BECOME PART OF OUR SEASONAL TEAM:
Email HR@mohawkmtn.com for more details, questions or to submit your resume electronically.