- Weekly skill development program for snowboarders ages 7 – 13 (Birth years 2007-2013)
- Curriculum designed to accommodate intermediate to advanced snowboarders, skill levels 3-8
(click here to determine your level)
- 4.5 hour sessions, with bagged lunch included at Pine Lodge with Hawk Stars group and coach
- Saturday only
Hawk Stars is an action-packed 7 week program dedicated to developing and improving the riding skills of snowboarders, age 7 through 13 years. Hawk Stars participants simply love to hang with their patrol in a relaxed atmosphere whilst working on all mountain skills and flat land tricks. Want to learn how to shred steeper terrain, ride switch and become a more natural boarder? Hawk Stars will help you succeed.
Groups average 5 members of similar ages and abilities, and are led by the same coach from week to week. Each session meets at 9:30 a.m. and continues until 2:00 p.m., including a lunch break.
LUNCH IS NOW INCLUDED! Program participants will spend their half hour lunch break in Pine Lodge with their program coaches and peers. A bagged lunch will be provided for each Hawk Stars participant and items in the bag will change for each session. A sample of lunch items are sandwiches, wraps, hot dogs, hamburgers, fresh fruit, side salads, cookies, brownies, popcorn, chips, bottled water, juice boxes, milk and chocolate milk. Any participants with food allergies should reach out to our Snowsports Director, Andy Raybould before the program commences
Hawk Stars participants must be 7 years old as of December 31, 2020 (Birth years 2007 through 2013) to participate in the program. All participants must be able to make skidded turns on both heel and toe sides with both feet strapped on chair lift accessed green terrain.
Boarders must be able to take the Nutmeg chair alone, without assistance, and pull down the bar independently.
Lottery registration will open at 7:00 AM September 1st and close at 11:59 PM on September 15th, exclusively at www.mohawkmtn.com. The season pass bundled with the program is for the exclusive use of the program participant.
Please call us at 860-672-6100 if you have any questions.
7 Sessions: Saturday
- Registration through lottery system (lottery system infographic and lottery FAQ)
- Saturdays for 7 weeks (January 9th – March 6th excluding January 16th and February 13th)
- Program runs for 4.5 hrs from 9:30 a.m to 2:00 p.m. with lunch included, supervised by program coaches in Pine Lodge
- Program fees include a Junior Anytime Season Pass, for the exclusive use of the participant.
- No scheduled make up days, unless Hawk Stars is cancelled by Mohawk Mountain due to extreme weather. In this case you would be notified in advanced via email of both the cancellation and the extreme weather make up date. Extreme weather make up dates scheduled for March 13th/14th
- For this year we have added some COVID-19 make up days. If Mohawk Mountain is closed on a scheduled session date due to COVID-19 then make ups will take place on March 13th, 14th, 20th or 21st. Please note your make ups maybe assigned to both a Saturday and a Sunday.
- Hawk Stars communications will be sent from [email protected] or [email protected], please be sure to put both e-mails in your address book
- Parents or guardians must be no more than 20 minutes away from Mohawk Mountain and be able to drop what they are doing when the program is in session
- Please review our COVID-19 Guidelines before registering
PROGRAM FEE: $1249.00 (NOW INCLUDES LUNCH)
Please note Hawk Stars is not in session over Martin Luther King weekend, January 16th/17th and President’s weekend, February 13th/14th
REGISTRATION BEGINS AT 7 AM on September 1, 2020, at www.mohawkmtn.com