All Mountain Professional Training
- For 14 & 15 year old skiers and snowboarders (Birth years 2005 and 2006)
- Curriculum designed to improve personal skills and instructional skills of intermediate to advanced skiers and snowboarders
- 4.5 hour sessions, with bagged lunch included at Pine Lodge with Children’s Development Programs coaches and AMPT peers
- Program runs Saturdays and Sundays, 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to become a snowsports pro? Imagine experiencing first-hand the excitement of being part of a world class snowsports program and at the same time benefiting from instruction that will move your personal skiing skills to the next level. Mohawk Mountain would like to introduce you to AMPT, offering 14 and 15 year old skiers and riders the unique opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities that go into becoming a top-notch snowsports pro or ski patroller. While improving your personal skiing/riding skills, you’ll begin to learn the fundamentals of ski/snowboard instruction, effective communications, and teamwork. Many graduates from past programs have gone on to become snowsports pros or ski patrollers at Mohawk Mountain and all participants will master skills that will benefit them in any future career or endeavor. As an added bonus, you’ll get a sneak peek at the behind- the-scenes workings of Mohawk Mountain, including the Snowsports Discovery Center, Ski Patrol and Mountain Operations.
The program is led by veteran instructors with nationally recognized training and development credentials, who provide leadership development to numerous world-class organizations.
LUNCH IS NOW INCLUDED! Program participants will spend their half hour lunch break in Pine Lodge with program instructors and peers. A bagged lunch will be provided for each AMPT participant and items in the bag will change for each session. A sample of lunch items are sandwiches, wraps, hot dogs, hamburgers, fresh fruit, side salads, cookies, brownies, popcorn, chips, bottled water, juice boxes, milk and chocolate milk. Any participants with food allergies should reach out to our Snowsports Director, Andy Raybould before the program commences.
- Registration accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Saturdays and Sundays for 7 weeks (January 9th – March 7th excluding January 16th/17th and February 13th/14th)
- Program runs for 4.5 hrs from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. with a half hour lunch break, supervised by program coaches in Pine Lodge
- Program fees include a Junior Anytime Season Pass, for the exclusive use of the participant.
- No scheduled make up days, unless AMPT is cancelled by Mohawk Mountain due to extreme weather. In this case you would be notified in advanced via email of both the cancellation and the extreme weather make up date. Extreme weather make up dates scheduled for March 13th/14th
- For this year we have added some COVID-19 make up days. If Mohawk Mountain is closed on a scheduled session date due to COVID-19 then make ups will take place on March 13th, 14th, 20th or 21st. Please note your make ups maybe assigned to both a Saturday and a Sunday.
- AMPT communications will be sent from [email protected] or [email protected], please be sure to put both e-mails in your address book
- Please review our COVID-19 Guidelines before registering
First Year AMPT Participant: $1150.00 (NOW INCLUDES LUNCH)
Second Year AMPT Participant: $1050.00 (NOW INCLUDES LUNCH)
Please note AMPT is not in session over Martin Luther King weekend, January 16th/17th and President’s weekend, February 13th/14th
REGISTRATION BEGINS AT 7 AM on SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 at mohawkmtn.com