Resort & Services
Wineries & Vineyards
Team Mission: To develop whole athletes and passionate skiers through Alpine Racing.
USSA Alpine Ski Race team, competing in the Connecticut Youth Ski League/Tri-State League
The Mohawk Mountain Alpine Race Team is an elite alpine ski race program for children, age 7 and up. Membership on the team is by invitation only, and is based on a number of factors, including a skier's "AAA Rating" and the unique needs of the team from season to season.
AAA is an assessment of Ability, Attitude and Attendance. A significant number of our team members have come through "The Mountain Division", Mohawk Mountain's skier development program, giving the Mohawk Mountain Race Team coaches an opportunity to assess them. Tryouts occur every year in March.
Race Team is a demanding program, requiring significant commitment of time and resources. Members of the Race team are expected to attend every weekend practice, and optional weekday practices whenever possible. Practice begins in December (weather permitting), and the season can extend into March for racers who qualify for post-season competition. Travel for competition to other resorts is a necessity, as is membership with USSA, Tri-State and CYSL.
The rewards of membership are also significant! Race Team members receive outstanding coaching, resulting in marked improvements from season to season. Team members forge friendships with teammates and coaches that last lifetimes, and learn to compete at the highest level while displaying unrivaled sportsmanship.
Race Team members must be age 7 or older as of December 31, 2016. Membership is by invitation only. There are two ways to receive an invitation:
1) Returning racers should register on online beginning at 7:00 am on July 18, 2016. Returning racers must register before 7:00 a.m. on July 25, 2016 to retain their automatic invitation. If a returning racer fails to complete their registration by 7:00 a.m. on July 25, 2016, their invitation will be revoked.
2) New members of the team received emailed invitations from Mohawk Mountain Alpine Race Team coaching staff in May. If a racer received an invitation to join the team, and wishes to accept it, they should register online beginning 7:00 a.m. on July 18, 2016. If an invited racer fails to complete their registration by 7:00 a.m. on July 25, 2016, their invitation will be revoked.
RACE TEAM REGISTRATION is online only, beginning at 7:00 a.m. on July 18, 2016. For your convenience, Race Team registration comes with the required anytime season pass. Race Team registration fess are non-refundable and non-transferable. Registration fees are as follows:
- U10 Athletes: $1649.99
- U12 & U14 Athletes: $1699.99
- U16 & U18 Athletes: $1829.99
Racers are required to maintain membership in USSA, Tri-State Alpine Ski Racing Association, and Connecticut Youth Ski League. Links for registration and renewals are supplied on your registration confirmation.
Registration begins on July 18, 2016 at 7:00 a.m. EST, exclusively at mohawkmtn.com. All Race Team registrations must be completed no later than July 25, 2016 at 7:00 a.m. or invitations to join the team will be revoked. Once we have received and verified your registration you will receive an informational packet, which will include information about schedules, required equipment, USSA/CYSL/Tri-State registration information, etc. Please be sure to provide us with accurate email addresses, as email will be the primary form of communication for all race team information.
Who should register for Race team?
· MEMBERS OF 2015-2016 RACE TEAM. If your child was a member in good standing of the 2015-2016 Race Team, you may register for the race team. You must register between 7:00 a.m. on July 18, 2016 and 7:00 a.m. on July 25, 2016 to guarantee a team spot. If you fail to register by 7:00 a.m. on July 25, 2016 you will forfeit your spot on the team, and it will be offered to a new participant.
· INVITED CANDIDATES. Some racers received an invitation to join the Race Team from our coaching staff. These racers earned their invitation based on their performance at the spring 2016 tryout. If your child received an invite, you may register for the race team. You must register before 7:00 a.m. on July 25, 2016 to guarantee a team spot.
If you do not meet either of these criteria, please do not register for Race Team. If you have questions about eligibility, please contact our office at (860)672-6100 or email Trish Morrissey, Director of Guest Services/Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org